- News: Guardiola: Thiago is Bayern’s No. 1 target
- News: Rooney leaves United tour with injury
- News: Vidic misses tour through injury
- News: Pellegrini: City will beat United for fans
- News: United building up to plenty of transfer action
Manchester United are on the verge of missing out on summer target Thiago Alcantara with the Spain international expected to sign for Bayern Munich, according to reports.
United have landed in Bangkok to begin their tour of East Asia and Australia against Singha All Stars in Bangkok on Saturday.
However, manager David Moyes and his men departed the airport with news breaking that Barcelona starlet Thiago, a reported sought after transfer of United’s, is set to join former coach Pep Guardiola at treble winners Bayern.
Spanish media outlet Marca are reporting that the 22-year-old could be announced as a new Bayern player as soon as Thursday.
The news would be a blow for Moyes, who had hoped to use Thiago to bolster a midfield lacking the retired Paul Scholes and for whom the futures of Darren Fletcher and Anderson in particular are uncertain.